At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
- You love seeing all the pieces come together to enable an engaging user experience
- Your sense of adventure compels you to dive into challenges head first
- Your love of writing code will be second only to your love of deprecating even more code!
- You care deeply about keeping the Ops team's pagers quiet
- Build scalable production systems responsible for directly driving in-app user experience
- Iterate rapidly on new features, working closely with client-side teams and product design teams to enable the next big thing
- Refactor code early and often to continuously ensure quality, stability, and extensibility
- Step into new problem spaces and quickly formulate well thought out solutions
- Proficient in Java, PHP, or other relevant languages
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining HTTP based API's
- Ability to analyze and improve system scalability and stability
- Strong command of Unix/Linux environment and LAMP stack
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with relevant frameworks for building HTTP based services
- Experience with MySQL or a similar relational database
- Experience with NoSQL database systems and cloud systems
- Experience working with third-party API's or datasets
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.