We’re looking for incredible Analytics Data Engineer to help derive meaningful conclusions from trillions of data points. We’re looking for incredibly passionate data people who live, breathe, and bleed data. In this position, you’ll be building and maintaining our analytics platform and help future Tinder users make better matches, engage more effectively, and generally make the world a better place!
Also, just FYI, this position is located in Los Angeles, CA and we'll move you here!
In this Analytics Data Engineer role, you will:
- Design and implement data collection & storage processes
- Maintain Tinder schemas and ETL layer
- Work with frontend client applications to deliver efficient data agents
- Write and process big data jobs
- Create ongoing and automated reports to be consumed by the rest of the organization
- Draw inferences and help guide future Tinder decisions based on the data
- Scale one of the fastest growing data warehouse’s in mobile
We’re looking for:
- Expert level knowledge & experience with Hadoop and big data
- Intimate familiarity with writing map reduce jobs
- 3+ years experience with Hive
- Hands on experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems
- Experience with horizontally scaling large systems
- Experience running big data solutions in AWS cloud
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
Bonus points if you have:
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary plus hefty equity compensation
- Phenomenal health coverage, 401K, gym discounts, software discounts, free drinks, snacks, and a lot more
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup (many of us come from venture-backed startups, and we can all attest to this!), with the handy resources of a technology/new media giant
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like
- Great amenities within a great building, and a colorful/creative work environment
Want to join our team?
- Send us your resume and let us know why you're excited to work for Tinder.
- Have a portfolio of work? Shoot over a link. Got an app that you've designed in the Apple App Store? Send us an iTunes link.