OkCupid is seeking Software Engineering Interns!
We’re seeking Engineers who:
- are passionate about technology
- are excited to learn new things
- are independent
- work well with others
- can join our small team in NYC!
What is it like being a Software Engineer at OkCupid?
We have a 7-person Software Engineering Team, which manages all aspects of the OkCupid backend. Code gets launched (by you) when it's tested (by you) and working. Every person we hire is given a lot of responsibility (and a lot of power), so your opinion can be a big part in what we do and how we do it!
Some things you’ll do:
- Build new features from idea to implementation
- Hack on the matching system and figure out what makes people click
- Create robust infrastructure that scales to millions of users
Some things you’ll need experience with:
- Designing and building elegant solutions to complex problems
- C++, Python, Java, or similar
- Preferred: previous software engineering education or internship
What’s in it for you?
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Free drinks and snacks
- Catered breakfast every day, and catered lunch twice a week
- Monthly company happy hours
- A bright and fun office full of fun & talented people
- A sense of satisfaction that comes from helping millions of people find love