We’re FinLeap, a Fintech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. Along with our passionate co-founders, we launch several startups per year. Here, people from many different backgrounds gather to shape the future of finance. We’re now looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) to join one of our new ventures in the SME finance business.
As a Data Engineer you're responsible for leveraging the magnitude of available data to drive smarter decisions for our customers. You'll contribute to building our credit decision engine, which will combine financial data with additional yet unutilised data. Join our team to work for a company with real applications within the field of big data.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- You create concepts for data flows and underlying data models
- You design and help implement data-related systems and software solutions and take ownership for projects related to building data-related technical infrastructure and products
- You contribute to the product vision from a technical point of view
- You provide input for strategic decisions related to systems and data architecture
- You manage goals and expectations both upwards and downwards
- You take over other typical development, planning or organizational tasks
Our Perfect Match:
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning or data mining
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Previous practical experience in IT, engineering or financial services is preferred
- Experience in databases and data modeling is a plus
- Experience with Python or another programming language commonly used for data science is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English, German is helpful but not mandatory
- Demonstrated strong technical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage your tasks independently and proactively bring in new ideas
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or related fields
- We are reshaping banking for small and medium businesses by developing a fully digital experience
- We empower entrepreneurs to reshape finance by providing all essential components for the successful launch of FinTechs
- A mix of serial entrepreneurs and industry experts work together to ensure each company’s success
- Talented, dedicated and passionate people are at the core of our business
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office
Apply online with your LinkedIn profile or one-page CV.
We’re looking forward to being in touch!
Paul from the Recruiting Team