THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.
About the role:
As your first step into a fulfilling Planning Career, you will report to a Merchandise Planner. You will be responsible for accurately running reports for your Department and The Company. You will receive mentoring and guidance to understand Retail Math and Planning KPI’s to progress your career. A firm understanding and love for excel is essential for this position. Retail knowledge and an understanding of the Key Competitors within our Market is also crucial.
Task and Duties
- Produce detailed reporting and analysis for the Planners and Planning Director as well as your business unit.
- Drive and develop core or replenishment opportunities using core line cards and replenishment tools.
- Analyse the performance of promotional activity
- Working with the buying team on CAYG & Sale markdown proposals
- Assisting the planning team to set and implement business strategies during the SWOT & strategy process
- Creating & maintaining Brand and Category WSSI's
- Supporting the Planner with day to day requirements
- Working in conjunction with the planning team & BI in creating planning tools to help analyse & plan the business
- A merchandise planning/buying or retail background
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, especially pivot tables
- Strong commercial acumen & instinctive trading skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with an open and honest approach
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure