Optimizely is looking for engineers who love making their colleagues more productive.
We’re looking for a senior systems-focused engineer to help own and run our massive engineering operations environment and who is excited to enable development, deployment, monitoring, and management at scale.
Optimizely’s product success depends on our ability to quickly release software that’s stable, works as expected, and performant. Our team, Engineers for Engineers, promotes a self-service approach by giving engineers the tools they need to iterate quickly without sacrificing these principles.
Some examples of what we provide are: our shared build system, shared security infrastructure, continuous integration system, base AMIs with shared monitoring infrastructure, AWS infrastructure deployment tooling, and best practices for using these systems.
What you will do:
- Design and deploy new infrastructures using cutting edge technologies
- Organize, plan, and manage large projects through to completion
- Work with other engineering teams to transform our architecture to container-based microservices (including the SDLC toolchain)
- Collaborate on scrum teams alongside developers and product managers to support new infrastructures and operational needs
- Regular operational support of our existing infrastructure
- Build, deploy, and support monitoring and alerting frameworks
- Automate away engineering toil
- Document the tools we provide (above), as well as hands on support as needed to get people comfortable
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically
- You know how to build and support large scale infrastructure (1000+ nodes, lots of traffic, latency sensitive, and fault tolerant)
- You know how to make those large systems usable by humans
- You stay on top of technical trends, and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
Some technologies we work with:
- Container-based technologies, like Docker
- Continuous delivery and orchestration technologies, like Spinnaker and Jenkins
- Continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds, and performance monitoring
- Monitoring and observability tooling
- IaaS and PaaS providers like AWS, Google, and Heroku
- Commuter and transportation benefits.
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays.
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available.
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics.
- Full vision coverage including contacts.
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision.
- Wellness Grant.
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!