Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently capture nearly a quarter of a trillion actions every single month from our customers.
About The Role
The Vice President of Business Operations, Analytics and Strategy (BOAS) is a visible and important role at Mixpanel. A critical member of our executive team, this person will report directly to our President and COO and be responsible for both overseeing the company’s core business operations functions (Sales Operations, Marketing Operations, Customer Operations) and for leading a wide range of analytics projects and programs to provide critical business insights and drive strategic business decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee Business Operations
- Partner with the sales, marketing, customer success, customer support,finance and HR organizations.
- Oversee Sales Operations to help the sales organization run effectively, efficiently, and in support of business strategies and objectives.
- Oversee Marketing Operations to help the marketing organization increase funnel efficiency and yield rates and adapt to changing customer behavior, market conditions, and business directions.
- Oversee Customer Operations to help the customer success and support organizations more effectively engage with customers to drive higher satisfaction, adoption, retention, and lifetime value.
- Define, track and manage company key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with the business.
- Partner with our Marketing organization to help support a high performance demand generation engine.
- Partner with our Success and Support organizations to understand and maximize customer lifetime value.
- Drive, build, and scale repeatable business processes to continuously improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Build and manage a high performing team.
Lead Business Analytics
- Help influence business model, pricing, go to market and sales segmentation strategy, product roadmap prioritization, funnel optimization, adoption/retention/churn activities, etc. through sound data analysis and actionable insights.
- Respond to important questions from business functions requiring on-demand analysis.
- Proactively drive key analytics initiatives to support business objectives.
- Build and manage a high performing analytics team.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Strong Business Operations leadership experience in enterprise SaaS at both large and small companies.
- Proven success and experience in Sales Operations.Strong analytical and data driven personality.
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to partner with sales, marketing, finance, and other cross functional departments.
- Leads from the front. Proven ability to attract talent and successfully build, scale and manage a superstar level organization.
- Strength in building process, coaching & developing talent, and continuously driving KPI’s.
- A great communicator. Self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Straightforward, no-nonsense style. Calm, level-headed. A self-assured leader with his/her ego in check.
- Technical degree (engineering, science, math) and MBA a plus.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen, we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are lifelong learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-driven decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, ESPN, American Express, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records