LendUp’s mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health. We build technology, credit products and educational experiences for the 56% of the US population who are currently shut out of mainstream banking because of poor credit or income volatility. In other words, we work with the credit challenged. Together, we can turn our mission into an even bigger movement.
LendUp is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. You would be an early hire in a fast growing startup and would have significant impact on the design and implementation of our infrastructure. If you are excited about building scalable, highly available systems, then this is the right role for you.
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service for LendUp’s web applications, both internal and external
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems. Utilize monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents such as run books
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- Strong scripting experience
- Experience with networking and security (TCP/IP, IPSec, VPC)
- Experience working with a modern configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts
- Experience with big relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and cache layers (memcache, Redis)
- Solid experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Nagios, etc.
- Demonstrable ability to debug complicated failures and be able to grok complex systems from their roadmaps all the way down to their implementation.
What we love about LendUp:
- It’s a mission-driven company with the financial backing of some of the country’s most influential investors.
- Our kickass co-founders -- our CEO and CTO -- ensure that our “no bozos, no egos” value is instilled from the top down. We genuinely like and respect one another.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- Our 200+ strong team is comprised of individuals from all around the world.
- We are passionate participants in our LeanIn, LGBTQ and Black Ladder employee groups and have intense slack channels dedicated to everything from philosophy to hip hop.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at LendUp.