Teach Fortune 500, enterprise customers how to use Airware’s Aerial Information Platform products to drive productivity, improve decision-making, and increase business efficiency by using drones to collect aerial data.
Airware is looking for a Senior Technical Writer with DITA or XML documentation experience to document our Aerial Information Platform, including hardware and software documentation for Airware’s drone ecosystem. We’re looking for a driven, resourceful technical writing and communication expert to manage the process of writing our customer-facing product documentation. You’ll manage the end-to-end process of drafting, writing, and releasing documentation, tutorials, developer guides, UI text, release notes, and user assistance with our industry leading development teams. You’ll work closely with an international team of product managers, designers, developers, quality engineers, and support professionals to test products and usability, research complex technical concepts, and make them easy to understand for our enterprise users.
Develop all technical content for multiple development teams and their products.
- Work as the dedicated technical writer for Airware’s engineering scrum teams, producing “full stack” documentation for your product and feature areas, including:
- End-user documentation for Airware’s software, hardware, and drone aircraft.
- In-application labels and UI text.
- Administrator and setup documentation for deploying Airware’s solution to large organizations.
- Create new and maintain existing documentation in a single-source, topic-based, DITA XML documentation environment.
- Manage multiple documentation projects at one time while meeting strict product release deadlines.
Advocate strongly for end users and developers of our product.
- Learn to use all products for Airware’s engineering teams to understand a user’s needs.
- Provide insight to designers and engineers about product usability and improvements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in English, professional or technical writing, or STEM field
- 5+ years of technical writing experience for products that have been brought to market
- Extremely strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate highly technical information and specifications into easily understood documentation and training materials
- Experience writing single-source technical content in DITA, XML, or other markup language
- Experience working as a member of a technical team, such as an engineering scrum team
- Experience delivering documentation in multiple formats, including HTML and PDF
- Experience writing localized or internationalized documentation content for non-native English speakers
- Knowledge of UX design principles and best practices
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience in an agile or scrum engineering environment
- A background in hardware, electrical engineering, or aerospace
- Experience with source-control systems, such as Git
- Experience building communications teams