Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Reporting to the SVP of eCommerce & Digital Marketing, the Senior Director of Global Wholesale will lead the strategic direction of our Wholesale Direct Sales channel, manage the Wholesale Direct Sales team, and will directly contribute to growing our buyer base for all categories of inventory both domestically and internationally. We are looking for a team-oriented leader who has deep expertise in building relationships both internally and externally, and who can play a key role in profitably growing this sales channel.
As we continue to onboard new clients and grow our available pools of inventory, we recognize the importance of the Wholesale Direct Sales channel for the business. We are looking for a leader that can support and grow our existing sales team, onboard new buyers as we grow into new categories of products, and help us grow domestically and internationally.
- Provide overall direction and strategy to effectively manage the global wholesale sales channel.
- Contribute directly to the sales pipeline by growing our existing buyer base.
- Manage the wholesale direct sales team and act as player/coach to existing team members, and hire/train new direct sales team members as needed.
- Prepare and analyze sales and margin reports to understand how the channel is performing and to find new opportunities for growth (by category, condition, region).
- Represent the wholesale channel internally and partner with our client success and business teams to find new ways to add value to our retail clients.
- Drive effective strategies and tactics to add new buyers across all key categories and conditions of inventory.
- Actively sell inventory and contribute to sell-through while simultaneously managing the team’s efforts and results.
- Identify areas where we can expand our selling ability globally - find and convert those international buyers for our existing and future pools of inventory.
- Identify strategies that will lead to higher recoveries for our retail clients via the wholesale channel.
- Partner with internal technology/product teams in order to help create business requirements that help evolve and improve our internal wholesale sales tools.
- Align cross channel (where necessary) on product or sales strategy.
- Stay knowledgeable of the competition and act as internal expert on the channel.
- 7+ years of sales experience and 3+ years sales management experience.
- Must have international contacts and experience selling both globally and domestically - international mobile and electronics experience preferred.
- Ability to oversee the wholesale direct sales organization and motivate the team while maximizing the value of the goods we sell on behalf of our retail partners.
- Ability to identify areas where we need to invest to maximize channel performance.
- Must be a collaborative leader with the ability to effectively work within all levels of the organization.
- Must be a proactive self-starter that values transparency and communication.
- Strong sense of urgency, focus and ability to hold team accountable to meet and exceed objectives, and to offer feedback on areas to improve our offering.
- Creates an environment where employees are excited, engaged, and capable of delivering exceptional performance.
- Ability and willingness to sell alongside the team, to maximize the velocity and recovery of all of our inventory.
- Practical problem solver, analytical and timely.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel and CRMs.
- Apparel and/or Home and Garden contacts and wholesale sales experience is desired but not required.
- Some travel is required (15%).
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.