We’re looking for a Strategic Initiatives Manager to be the point person on executing against key strategic initiatives for the company, rolling up your sleeves to ensure partnership success while working closely with internal teams to win.
As a member of the Business Development team, you are charged with evaluating new business opportunities, launching DoorDash’s logistics technology into new verticals/categories, and partnering with key strategic ecosystem partners.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with other members of the Business Development team to execute against our key performance indicators in our core restaurant business as well as new vertical launches such as alcohol and prepared foods
- Engage with internal stakeholders from the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Merchant, Support and other teams to solve the biggest operational challenges within a fast-moving technology startup
- Identify key issues, seek creative solutions to problems as they arise and find ways to implement them within the confines of our technology infrastructure
- Work closely with partner merchants on the local, regional, and national levels to maximize client satisfaction as well as DoorDash revenue and profitability goals
- Passionate about execution - you’re a born operator who likes nothing more than to hit deadlines and successfully complete key projects on your roadmap
- Entrepreneurial - you’re a business builder having either started your own business or built another from the ground up
- Incredibly resourceful and persistent – you never admit defeat, you do more with less, you love big challenges, and you constantly seek new ways to make it work!
- Deeply passionate about technology, particularly the on-demand economy and how it can be used to enhance the customer, merchant, and Dasher experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA's welcome
- 1+ years of experience in a multi-disciplinary operational role
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, analytics or related experience
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience in an Associate General Manager or General Manager role having demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally
- Familiarity with marketplaces and the restaurant, retail and CPG sectors
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.