Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to revolutionize commerce through the seamless integration of content and relevant products. The company’s network reach is currently over 500 million monthly visitors across more than 200 publisher partners with 3 million registered members. Our leading native commerce platform provides publishers and vendors with turnkey solutions to increase user engagement, growth, and monetization. These solutions include: full-service commerce shops, editorial, email, social in-feed product recommendations, and real-time analytics dashboards. We are headquartered in Venice, CA and backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing all accounting functions and certain financial reporting. This role will be responsible for maintaining the company’s books, AP/AR, internal controls, month-end closing, payroll, reconciliations, compliance, and FP&A. The Accounting Manager reports to the VP of Finance & Strategy and will work closely with all teams in the company to ensure accurate and complete reporting.
- Financial Management:
- Provide accurate, timely, and GAAP compliant income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow on a monthly basis
- Report on monthly variances to both budget and prior timeframes and recommend course of action as necessary
- Maintain the cashflow forecast model and work with the management team to ensure efficient use of company funds
- Accounting & Payroll:
- Manage an accountant responsible for month-end closing duties and AP/AR processes
- Oversee and maintain accounting system and ensure accurate and timely entries
- Ensure that cash and revenue are reconciled on a regular basis
- Manage and oversee banking relationships
- Serve as primary contact for external accountants and tax advisors
- Manage and execute the payroll process for the entire company including both W2 employees and 1099 contractors
- Oversee the AP & AR process including the partner payout process to ensure timely, complete, and document payouts to all partners
- Compliance & Taxes:
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all tax matters including year-end filings, sales tax, city taxes, ASC718 calculations, and any tax credit studies
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the documentation of policies, procedures and controls
- Oversee all audits and reviews of financial statements
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- 6-8 years of experience in accounting and finance, or 4-6 in a management level finance or accounting role
- Experience working with and producing GAAP compliant financial statements
- Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance and oversight
- Highly organized, even in a rapidly evolving environment
- The ability to see beyond the numbers and merge best practices with business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners
- Licensed, active, and practicing CPA
- Experience analyzing data for large-scale eCommerce businesses
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience working with QuickBooks
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!