Ionic Security enables the use of cloud services by protecting sensitive data anywhere it travels and wherever it resides, whether on the corporate network, in the cloud or on mobile devices. The first unified data security platform of its kind, Ionic Security takes a comprehensive approach to securing data in today’s borderless enterprise by providing access control, intellectual property monitoring, data encryption and policy management, without needing to use proxies or gateways or changes in user behavior.
Ionic Security is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and is backed by leading venture firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, TechOperators and ff VC as well as industry experts Christopher Klaus, Ken Levine, Phil Dunkelberger and Dr. Paul Judge.
The Ionic Sales Team is on the front lines of bringing a disruptive new approach to data security to the world, evangelizing the Ionic platform to leading companies. The Regional Sales Manager champions the innovative power of our platform to these companies within a designated geographic territory. This person is a trusted advisor to our strategic customers and ensures they realize ongoing value from their investment in Ionic Security. The successful candidate is a natural Hunter with experience in cyber security and/or data management, is capable of developing strategies for risk-based data protection and can manage the entire customer relationship lifecycle.
- Lead the prospecting, development, and closure of pipeline accounts with an eye towards long-term contract value
- Effectively navigate complex customer organizations to understand business drivers, organizational dynamics, and information security needs
- Develop a trusted partner relationship with customer executive sponsors and key stakeholders, and navigate the complex buying cycles typical of 7-figure IT purchases
- Bring a disciplined approach to sales, including maintaining an accurate and up to date forecast and plan
- Be an evangelist of cloud, security, and collaborative best practices
- Work in tandem with marketing, product, field engineering, and support to turn customers into advocates.
- 7+ years of quota carrying technology sales experience (Security and/or Data Management expertise a plus)
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CISO, CIO, CEO and CFO levels.
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Comfortable with the technical drivers behind a platform purchase, enough to “own” initial conversations with technical leaders, and able to clearly tie the value of a platform / development kit back to customer needs
- Able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills, with experience delivering executive-level presentations
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- A great attitude and a desire to have your work make a REAL impact to your company and its customers
- Willingness to travel 30-60%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer sponsorship
- Industry-leading salaries
- Stock Options
- Health, dental and vision
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible hours and a commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible vacation time
- Attend conferences
- Company sponsored social outings and events
- Outstanding team