Automotive Inventory Associate / Lot Porter
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a team player, a brand ambassador and possess or be willing to learn the know how to get the job done (We will train you on the more technical aspects of the job).
- Schedule: Enjoy weekends with two shift options! First shift is M-F from 6AM to 3:00PM. The Second shift is a 4 day work week M-Thurs from 3:30PM to 2:30AM (three day weekends - AWESOME!)
- Money : Competitive pay on an hourly basis.
- Benefits: 100% Paid Medical, 401(k) with Match, and new hires receive 20 Paid Days Off to start and up to 27 Days after your first year! (includes vacation, sick, your birthday and holidays)
- Future: All of our positions have a defined career path to leadership. We have a strong culture of promoting from within.
As an Inventory Associate, you will be focused on multiple tasks, including; receiving and stocking in fresh inventory, moving vehicles around the lot, taking vehicles off lot for repairs, reconditioning/cleaning vehicles, preparing vehicles for their photo shoots and even taking pictures of the vehicles with our patented photo technology. Candidate should be able to communicate with all levels of management and should be flexible and willing to accept changes. Candidate should possess good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ensure each vehicle is inspected for cosmetic concerns
- Receive and stock in fresh inventory daily
- Complete multi-point inspection on arriving inventory to include fuel level, safety features and proper display of all company and state disclosures
- Perform reconditioning of vehicles, example; wash, vacuum, clean interior, polish and touch up all inventory on regular rotating basis
- Prepare vehicles to be photo’d and ensure quality is met
- Take pictures of vehicles using our patented, state of the art equipment
- Maintain positive relationships with coworkers and external vendors
- Interacting and communicating with team members and management across all lines of the business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years or DUI
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, vendors, managers and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special programs and events.
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
- May at times require working different shifts
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties may apply as directed by the line Lead, Recon Manager, or Inspection Center General Manager
CARVANA is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. CARVANA is a tobacco-free workplace.