CARVANA: AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (TECH)
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
We have 4 levels of Automotive Technician available:
Automotive Tech (Entry Level)
- Inspect vehicles for cosmetic and mechanical defect
- Attention to detail and consistency a must
Automotive Tech 1 (1+ Yrs Exp)
- Brake and tire repair
- Maintenance (other than timing belts)
Automotive Tech 2 (3+ Yrs Exp)
- Able to use diagnosis tools
- General automotive repairs: radiators, timing belts, transmissions, etc.
- Drivability repair: alignments, wheel bearings, axels, etc.
- Climate control repair/replace: AC, heater cores, etc.
Automotive Tech 3 (5+ Yrs Exp)
- Advanced diagnosis
- High skill repairs: Electrical, heavy engine work
- ASE Master Tech with L1
- Refrigerant/recovery cert.
- Diesel engines
- Electric/Hybrid diag and repair
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time (40+ hours per week) paid by the hour. No flat rate
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Perform technical activities and adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to line leads, managers and colleagues.
- Work with your team to meet or exceed daily production goals.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Create a safe work environment by maintaining an organized and neat bay.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years or DUI
- Proficient in non-technical automotive services and problem solving
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.LEGAL STUFF
- Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.