Harry's Inc. focuses on one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we provide exceptional shaving products direct to our customers through the Harry’s brand (www.harrys.com) along with products sold in stores as their own brands throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
Tremendous response from our customers has shown us that we are serving a true need. People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became a vertically integrated shaving brand – consolidating the company into Harry's, Inc. We are eager to add talented people and are looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o-clock shadow at a time.
We are seeking a Director of Quality Engineering to lead the quality engineering team at Harry's Inc. in New York, and ensure that we continue to develop and deliver high-value quality products in a timely fashion. You will work under the Head of Global Quality to implement quality at Harry’s in New York and build out the quality engineering team. As you build out the team in New York, you will work with the rest of our quality team in Germany and Asia, along with our third-party manufacturing partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with our Head of Global Quality to define and execute quality management and quality system strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced and manufactured products.
- Work with our Head of Global Quality to implement KPIs for the team in New York and start driving towards these goals
- Develop and grow the quality team in the New York office
- Implement quality systems to standardize quality engineering activities such as: process mapping, risk analysis, process control plans, manufacturing process validation, Measurement System Analysis, and Statistical Process Controls
- Support development and implementation of advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations
- Proactively work with the product development team to integrate quality into the new product introduction process
- Develop and execute supplier quality management systems
- Travel – 50%
- Related Industry experience: Consumer electronics, automotive, medical devices, consumer products
Background & Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelors of Engineering, Masters of Engineering preferable
- 10-15 years of experience with 3+ of them in a team management role
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 engineers and technicians, with experience managing remote team members a strong plus
- Exposure to both large (Fortune 500) multinational companies and smaller, high growth companies
- Experience working directly in manufacturing and production environments
- Experience managing quality in different environments: in-house production and with suppliers
- Experience with small precision plastic parts, stamped metal or machined metal a strong plus
- Experience developing and implementing Quality systems for both new product introduction and on-going production
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or German and significant international work experience are a strong plus
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- Proven ability to make judgments in uncertain and unstructured environments
- Ability to build towards a future vision, making decisions now with the end goal in mind
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a straightforward and logical manner
- Ability to build lasting relationships with external partners and grow with them
- Intensely organized—Able to diligently track important figures and efficiently produce them in organized and easy to digest ways for the company