Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity available for a Systems Command Administrator. Join the Systems Command team and work in a fast-paced, global, 24/7 environment.
The ideal candidate will be good at working in teams, comfortable speaking with customers, and enthusiastic about data visualization and organization in an innovative environment.
This position requires a strong understanding of Linux environments.
Systems Command is a rapidly growing, 24/7 global operation that capitalizes on Wolfram Research’s advances in data gathering and large-scale computing technologies.
• Monitor all production-level systems
• Escalate and triage problems when necessary
• Provide phone support for enterprise Private Cloud customers
• Maintain monitoring servers
• Help design and implement new monitoring tools
• Analyze existing infrastructure and find where there are gaps
• Perform daily system monitoring and maintenance, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems, and key performance indicators
• Verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Evaluate and plan for future technical needs for strategic company and team goals
• Other duties as assigned
• Linux experience
• Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external clients
• Web services experience
• Understanding of web technologies
• Experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Nagios or Munin
• Basic understanding of scripting languages
• Thrive in a team environment
• Very strong documentation skills
• Ability to work on 24/7 rotating schedule as needed
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of the Wolfram Language
• Has implemented production monitoring system
• Has developed custom tools to provide more useful monitoring
• Experience with data visualization
• Experience with ticketing/project tracking systems
Location: Champaign, IL
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wolfram Research.