We are looking for someone with passion and dedication to spearhead our business development effort in Europe. The Director, Business Development at Quanergy will be responsible for managing and promoting the sales of our advanced laser-based sensors, systems, and software to selected key customers and prospects. We are looking for an expert in consultative sales who uses her/his deep knowledge, excellent communication and organizational skills to delight our customers while working efficiently with internal teams. The ideal candidate demonstrates passion and enthusiasm and his self-confidence translates well to customers, partners and colleagues. She/he must be willing to travel in the assigned territory and spend time as needed with customers and partners. A competitive compensation package including base, bonus, and/or stock options will be awarded to the successful candidate .
- Meet and exceed the assigned revenue goals, including accurate and timely forecasting
- Manage existing accounts seeking to expand sales volume, introduce new products, enhance margin and build a long-term strategic partnership.
- Identify and approach new customers and set sales revenue targets. Develop & articulate sales strategies, complete bid review plans for all major opportunities and understand the buying cycle for the opportunities being pursued.
- Develop business case and ROI for key opportunities
- Serve as main point of contact for all product sales related interactions in assigned territory.
- Monitor business activities and competitors’ actions within assigned accounts seeking to gain market share by expanding foothold across multiple sites
- Provide pre-and post-sale product consulting, technical support, and service to key customers on all Quanergy products - on-site, via phone, via web-meeting, and through email as appropriate.
- Work closely with other sales directors and sales management to manage deals inside large accounts with locations in multiple geographies.
- Capture Sales progress, create sales funnel, and provide timely feedback to management concerning delivery schedules, product acceptance, need for new products, emerging opportunities and challenges.
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Engineering to design and execute on a given technical solution.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan for the Europe region
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support customers and stay abreast of industry developments
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in consultative selling of complex high tech products
- Demonstrated ability to design, communicate, and execute a major account strategy leading to multi-million-dollar revenue achievement
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate Fortune 500 accounts
- Experience with optical products and image processing is a plus
- Experience with automotive electronics and customers is highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - must be able to clearly and concisely communicate with customers and internally
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must work effectively on a team
- Good organizational and time management skills - must be able to manage several projects efficiently
- Focused on consultative selling and high-value models of selling
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to relate to customer issues and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of customer specific requirements
- Ability and ambition to work under pressure in a dynamically growing company, meet schedules, and maintain a high level of output
- Keen eye for details and resolve to drive quality deliverables
- Technical aptitude required
- Fluency in multiple European languages is a plus
Quanergy Systems, Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company developing 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. The solutions are applicable in numerous sectors including transportation, mapping, navigation, surveying, security, aeronautics, mining, agriculture, robotics, industrial automation, smart homes and 3D-aware smart devices for improved safety, efficiency and performance.
Quanergy is a fast growing, well funded startup in Sunnyvale, CA. We have established partnerships with Mercedez-Benz, Hyundai, and many other companies in the automotive space as well as other industries. We have been recognized by the Wall Street Journal, Automotive News, the MIT Tech Review, Gartner, Frost and Sullivan, and many others for our groundbreaking technology.
More information is available at www.quanergy.com, on Twitter or LinkedIn.