SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Falcon Recovery Vehicle Technician
- Stage, set up, assemble/disassemble, test and install/remove flight hardware
- Able to use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with recovery engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure recovery services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems
- Minimum3 years of experience operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) or Aerospace Technology certification
- Prior experience working with SpaceX launch vehicles or experience supporting SpaceX recovery efforts
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices
- Experience operating forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Able to perform hydrostatic and pneumatic testing
- Marine experience
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports
- Able to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work all hours, and overtime, as required
- Must be able lift and handle 50 lbs
- Able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force background check
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.