LYONSCG is the industry’s premier eCommerce Digital Agency, serving brand, retail, and B2B organizations with tailored eCommerce solutions that maximize online potential. Headquartered in Chicago, the firm offers a full range of services beginning with Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing and extending through Experience Design, Platform Implementation, Application Development, Hosting and Support. The approach is holistic—to provide every client with a creative, robust and increasingly profitable eCommerce website. LYONSCG is Commerce Realized!
Due to exploding growth, we are searching for a Demandware Technical Architect to join our LYONSCG team. This position is a full-time position preferably in the Chicago office, but remote will be considered. As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of eCommerce projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our world class growing consultancy with a competitive base salary, lucrative bonus structure, full benefits, great people and opportunity for advancement. Come experience the lyonscg difference!!!
- As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Demandware centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with lyonscg development policies and standards.
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Demandware, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Demandware platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch. You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
- As part of a project team, the Technical Architect will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the project Team Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You are to be the Demandware subject matter expert beyond the basic Demandware Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
- Generally you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
- As a Technical Architect you will also be asked to participate in the sales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential architectures for their solutions, and estimating level of effort with our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Demandware platform OR multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
***Must have full authorization to work fulltime in the U.S. without restriction.
LYONSCG is an equal opportunity employer