AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Logistics Analyst. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the operation and data maintenance of the Transportation Management System utilized by Transportation personnel to coordinate all product shipments between plants, distribution centers and customers. Also responsible for carrier origination, load building, load tendering of outbound finished goods shipments to customers and replenishment shipments to outside third party warehouses & company plants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Source and schedule outbound loads from our plants in to our warehouses and DC’s.
- Source and schedule outbound loads from our DC’s to customers all over the US.
- Coordinate appointments for inbounds to third party warehouses.
- Maintain and update all information in the Transportation Management System (TMS) including customer and location files, carrier freight and accessorial rates, load and shipment information.
- Oversee TMS user training and security.
- Generate transportation reporting for both financial and product shipment analysis.
- Lead and assist productivity projects related to logistics, planning, warehousing, and distribution as needed or directed.
- Review supply chain for potential cost savings projects.
- Administrative responsibilities to support Transportation Management.
- Assist customer service and the Commodity Group in special shipments.
- Coordinate raw material loads with purchasing department.
- Assist with administration of freight invoices and Proof of Delivery requests.
- Help facilitate OS&D claims.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer operations and ability to learn appropriate AS400 and Windows-based operating systems and processes to perform job functions.
- Awareness of DOT regulations and Hours of Service (HOS) requirements.
- General knowledge of trucks and the trucking industry.
- Strong excel skills analytical ability.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally in the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Graduate.
- At least one (3) year of Transportation-related experience.
- Working knowledge and current user of Microsoft Office Tools.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!
Other jobs at AdvancePierre Foods