AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Sales Director - Sam's Club. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Sales Director – Sam’s Club is to lead a cross functional team focused on growing and developing total sales & profitability with Sam’s Club.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, coach, and develop direct team and cross functional support team to successfully achieve top line and bottom line performance goals.
- Achieve top & bottom line sales & profit goals with a significant focus on generating profit and share growth.
- Design strategic sales, marketing and financial plans.
- Manage both corporate and regional merchandising relationships.
- Develop banner specific business opportunities.
- Responsible for analyzing, formatting & presenting category trend/sales data to both internal & external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product Management, Trade Marketing, Research & Development) in creating both short & long-term category strategies.
- Effectively build customer relationships throughout the organization and at various levels, including Operations, Merchandising, Supply Planning, Marketing and Research & Development.
- Provide creative solutions that are in the best interest of APF and the customer.
- Lead and facilitate strategy discussions with APF and retailer executive management.
- Manage deduction & AR issues on all applicable accounts.
- Establish team strategy and lead direct and non-direct team members.
Possess A General Manager Mindset:
- Negotiate customer agreements that include pricing, profit and volume
- Communicate execution of promotional activity with key stakeholders.
- Build vertical customer relationships across operations, finance and marketing.
- Obtain and analyze IRI information concerning competitive DSMP activities and industry news and their respective impact on our business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Develop and lead multi-year strategic plans.
- Proven track record running and growing the business at Wal-Mart and/or Sam’s Club.
- Leverage analytics to identify trends, opportunities and business insight.
- Strong business acumen; specifically with P&L management, Trade Management and Demand Planning.
- Direct people management experience.
- Trade Promotion Management System experience.
- Strong expertise utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferred experience using & leveraging consumer insights.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Goal oriented & well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working cross-functionally with internal and external teams.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to handle complex issues and make tough decisions on behalf of the company.
- Proactive (high sense of urgency) and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- 5+ years direct selling experience dealing with Walmart and/or Sam’s Club
- 10+ years of CPG or food sales experience
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!