To ensure HomeAway’s talented employees are always given the opportunity to grow professionally, the Global Learning and Development Team at HomeAway is seeking an EU L&D Specialist who can design, deliver and manage quality, effective & pragmatic development programs to a broad range of audiences.
You will directly be responsible for the development, implementation, and measurement of various talent management programs across HomeAway including New Hire Orientation, Manager & Leadership Development, and Professional Development.
You are a detail oriented, driven to succeed person who can demonstrates excellent strategic thinking skills. To be successful in this position you will require superb communication skills, broad talent management knowledge and the ability to foster efficient collaboration in a global organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and execution of simple, scalable and sustainable talent management and development solutions that enable future talent needs to execute business strategies.
What You Will Do?
Training & Development
- As an L&D Specialist you will analyze needs, design training and delivery them
- You will also plan, organize and implement development programs and activities for the whole European region
- By consulting with leaders and other methods you will be expected to assess, target and align training needs with objectives
- This role will also enable you to design instructor led and computer based learning for moderately complex topics
- You’ll ensure effective delivery of training and solutions to support the organization
- You will also have the opportunity to develop or source for new training materials and provide feedback for revisions to course curriculum.
- Finally you will regularly evaluate training effectiveness and recommend changes for constant improvement & evolution. An effective Collaboration with HR Business Partners and leaders to create development solutions will be essential.
Program Development & Management
- As you will be part of a global team, you will participate in and lead global development initiatives as needed
- In order to support new programs & initiatives, you will develop change management plans
- You will frequently evaluate, track and report on tools and programs
- This role will ask you to always operate from the perspective of the employee experience
- You may support too culture initiatives as assigned
• You like to drive development programs of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors.
• You demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Your focus is on a wide scope of curriculum or topic areas.
• You are used to plan and manage projects with moderate complexity.
• You show ability to exercise independent judgment to make timely decisions, solve complex problems and prioritize projects and responsibilities.
Who are you?
You have experience facilitating in a professional environment and demonstrate ability to apply adult education principals and theory. Data is your friend as you show excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including descriptive statistical analysis, interpreting data to make decisions, and the ability to tell a story based on both qualitative & quantitative data.
While you do have Instructional design skills, you also love to measure and evaluate the training you or others have provided.
As you will work across geographically distributed team, you have great communication skills.
You are prepared to work in an ambiguous & fast-paced environment and travelling 15% of the time for you is ideal.
Finally, your colleagues know you as “Ms/Mr attention to detail”.
- A strong and proven equivalent work experience in a related field
- You have a confirmed experience in training/facilitating in a professional environment
- Experience working within an HR Team.
- You show a strong usage of Microsoft Office Suite including strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience creating leadership development training & onboarding programs
- Project management experience
- DDI Certified
- Insights Certified
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources or related field preferred.
What do we have to offer?
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
You will join a first class HR team in one of the most successful online pure-player company.
You will be part of the UK team in our offices in London.
Based in Victoria, with The Queen as a neighbor, we are proud to say without a doubt that you will work in a modern office environment with THE Best Views of London: No more sightseeing needed for you.
In addition to an attractive salary with annual targeted bonus, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- Great healthcare scheme
- Target Annual Bonus
- 25 days Paid Vacation
- Regular company update talks with our C-Team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
After applying to this opportunity, you will go through an initial phone interview before being invited to meet our Client Solutions team.
To let us know you are interested, click apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!