Media Temple is looking for an energetic and motivated Social Media Manager with 4 to 5 years of experience to help strengthen the company's thought leadership positioning and increase brand talk-ability and awareness by managing and growing Media Temple’s presence across online forums and social platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, G+, Snapchat, and LinkedIn (and what might come next!). He/she will report to the Sr. Director of Communications and will work closely with the digital marketing team, the events marketing team, the customer support team, the employee experience team as well as some of our key partners. He/she will amplify relevant company-related news, creatively curate sticky content and engage with social and online communities on Media Temple’s behalf, while being a Media Temple brand ambassador vis-a-vis different local and national tech communities.
- (Re)design, implement and constantly improve our social media strategy and tactics to contribute to our yearly company goals.
- Regularly audit each channel to maximize performance.
- Manage, grow, moderate and monitor in real time Media Temple’s social and online profiles, as well as the company’s community presence.
- Curate / create interesting, educational and funny content that engage web designers, web developers, creative agencies and enterprises.
- Amplify company and key partners’ news (for example, our presence at branded or industry events, new products, key partners’ new projects, workplace-/culture-related news, etc.) on the appropriate social channels.
- Engage with customers (if need be), followers & target communities over social channels.
- Monitor for mentions of Media Temple online and engage when appropriate.
- Constantly monitor and alert to social media trends / channel features that would be relevant for Media Temple to participate in/be aware of / leverage.
- Track and measure performance (mostly sentiment, engagement, reach and share of voice), provide analysis and recommend (and implement) corresponding changes to tactics or strategy.
- Maintain our brand voice, ensuring that Media Temple’s brand is properly represented across all social channels and relevant online forums.
- Closely collaborate with the digital marketing, events marketing and employee experience teams in creating and executing social media campaigns, social media teasing, amplification, etc. that boost engagement with our target audiences and increase brand awareness.
- Work cross-functionally with the customer service department (and, in particular, our social support team who is managing @mediatemplehelp) and be a liaison between the communications, digital marketing and customer service teams.
- Respond to customers engaging with us via @mediatemple in real time.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Strategizing, channel management and content curation skills: 4 - 5 years of previous experience managing a company/ a brand’s social media and online presence with proven success in designing and implementing customized strategies and tactics that helped strengthen thought leadership positioning and build positive brand equity and brand awareness.
- Project management skills: We are looking for a multi-tasker extraordinaire.
- Passionate about social media with expert knowledge of top social media platforms and “netiquette”.
- Data-driven: KPI tracking, reporting and data analysis skills; comfortable using softwares and tools like Sprinklr, Buffer, Hootsuite, Klout, Social Mention, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Google Alerts, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Broad familiarity of web culture with a strong interest in technology.
- Experience in B2C or B2B tech is a must.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally.
- Customer service skills a plus.
- Knowledge of the web hosting / cloud computing industry a plus.
- Photoshop / video editing skills a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the best places to work in LA.
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) matching.
- "Freeloader" Lunch Friday's, and a wide variety of free snacks to keep the engine fueled.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Ping pong, pool table, monthly happy hours, and other fun events (Yes, the rumor is true, one year, we had Snoop Dogg play at our Holiday Party).
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
About Media Temple
From its inception in 1998, Media Temple has helped web designers, developers, creative agencies and enterprises focus on successfully running and growing their business while we take care of all their hosting needs. Over 125,000 people and businesses in 100 countries rely on our people-powered web and cloud hosting solutions to host more than one million websites. Our premium service model combined with our scalable technology allows us to focus on delivering only exceptional quality solutions and best-in-class, award-winning 24/7 customer support. Our clients range from top tier designers, popular blogs and online creative communities, to global advertising agencies and major brands. With 230 dedicated, U.S.-based employees, Media Temple has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles.
Media Temple, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Media Temple, we're in the business of hosting great ideas. We’re also in the business of building great careers! Isn’t this where you really want to be? Apply today!