Title of Job: Director, Marketing Strategy & Operations
Role Located in: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco)
Reports to: Senior Director, Sales Strategy & GTM Operations
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta is seeking a highly strategic and analytical Director of Marketing Strategy & Operations. This role will partner with our CMO and will focus on scaling our marketing platform to support the company’s high growth and global top of funnel initiatives.
The ideal candidate should be an ambitious, pragmatic rock star who thinks like a marketer and has the passion and the capabilities to build and run the technology foundation that will drive marketing velocity and scale. This candidate will have experience building out and scaling demand gen technology, developing attribution models and optimizing processes to maximize conversion rates. Being a thought leader with rolled up sleeves is a requirement, as well strong prioritization and project management skills. Creativity and vision will help you solve all infrastructure challenges and your insights and recommendations will help steer the direction of our company.
- Act as the “chief of staff” to our CMO and demand generation leadership team to drive strategic insight into their business
- Lead and buildout the Marketing Strategy & Operations team
- Create and own sophisticated models to better understand impact of various campaigns/assets and their conversion to actionable leads for our sales team
- Display firm understanding of “multi-touch” attribution and drive improvements in our nurture tracks and cross-department demand generation efforts
- Own all business processes from inquiry to opportunity creation that will drive advanced marketing strategies, engaging prospects at the top of funnel and accelerating existing opportunities mid funnel
- Provide regular analysis and recommendations on pipeline health and top of funnel activities, including lead routing/distribution, scoring, attribution, nurturing and conversion
- Develop and manage executive level pipeline dashboards
- Drive a culture of innovation to support and challenge the company’s thinking, while discovering new and innovative ways to scale our marketing engine
- Own and evangelize funnel economics - the relationship between spend and pipeline, and the levers that provide both scale and predictability
- Maintain the integrity of our account and contact database within Salesforce
- Manage 3rd party relationships with technology vendors and data providers
- Network outside the company to benchmark our operations and ensure best-in-class practices
- BA or BS degree, MBA preferred
- Proactive, self-directed leader with a passion for building out a highly effective and efficient top of funnel platform
- 7+ years of experience and leadership in marketing operations roles supporting campaign marketing, marketing automation and demand generation in enterprise application or SaaS markets
- Expertise with Marketo and Salesforce, with understanding/awareness of other top of funnel technology platforms including Infer, Full Circle and others
- Experience leading and scaling a team
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, task prioritization and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and presentation skills
- Ability to evolve existing processes and execute on new strategies
- Thrive in high growth, ambiguous environments
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer