Title of Job: Software Engineer - Java Generalist (Sr./Staff/Principal) Role Located in
: Toronto, Canada Reports to
: Director of Engineering Company Description
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
● Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
● Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
● Test-driven development, design and code reviews
● Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Training:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, garbage collection, memory management and multiplatform Java development
- Experience with web application frameworks, MySQL & Tomcat
- Good understanding of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization
B.S. Computer Science or related field (MS/PhD a plus)