Learning and Development function at Wayfair manages a catalog of in-person and virtual training sessions, management training, biannual performance check-ins, an internal consulting function that leverages training to solve problems, and an outstanding new hire onboarding program.
- In this role, moving between Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and our online Learning Management System, you will be responsible for accurately scheduling and adjusting classes and trainings on an ongoing basis
- You will also help with the planning process, working with the trainers on a quarterly basis to plan events for Wayfair employees in our offices in Berlin, London, and Galway
- Don’t forget special projects – we are the go-to team for employees in every department, so you will get to work with other groups to help with training logistics and scheduling as well
- You will also get the chance to be creative, because you will be involved in all internal marketing for training classes, programs, networking events, and other activities
- You will be working to design our learning management system pages, posters for upcoming training events, marketing emails, and more
- You will support the evaluation and redesign of existing programs, and help around new training launches
- Hopefully you like speaking in front of people and teaching your peers – while it’s not required, we will be especially excited to hear that you want to get in the classroom and teach other employees about Wayfair and the skills needed to be successful
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized – you live for filing cabinets and binders and Excel tables
- Entrepreneurial self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately and proactively
- Rapid problem-solver – you make decisions quickly and confidently to solve recognized problems
- Enthusiastic, charismatic and confident – you capture the attention of the audience, are comfortable conversing about all areas of the business with all tenures and levels
- Networking extraordinaire – your friends wonder how you know someone everywhere you go, and you wonder why they always make you introduce yourself first
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.