Director – EU Logistics Network (m/f) in Berlin, Germany
Wayfair is embarking on a strategic initiative to optimize and reinvent its logistics network through more intelligent network routing, leverage of own infrastructure and staff, carrier selection and freight consolidation. This leader will be part of the European Senior Management Team. Located in Berlin, this role will likely require activity and travel across many European economies, so fluency in English is a must. German and/or other major European commercial languages (French, Spanish) will be important to developing relationships required for the success of this business.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep background in transportation to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. The candidate must be highly flexible with the ability to quickly assume new areas of responsibility outside of their core areas as the Wayfair business continues to evolve. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company in which you will have the opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
As an EU Logistics Network leader you…
- Architect efficient transportation hub design and management tools including shipment consolidation, route optimization, and connection to final mile delivery carriers
- Oversee acquisition, development and ramp-up of core network hubs and operations
- Build and develop team to manage, monitor and expand network footprint and operations
- Roll out the overall model to further European markets
- Recruit, train and manage partnerships with new transportation network partners
- Negotiate contracts
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Proven track record of 5+ year of operational leadership and supply chain/transportation expertise, either in industry or top tier consulting company
- Track record of leading and delivering large and complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience in negotiating transportation contracts with freight carriers and 3PL providers
- Top-tier university qualifications, MBA preferred
- Fluency in English and ideally at least one other major European language (German, French, Spanish, Italian)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit carriers in our European sourcing and delivery markets
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.