UX/UI Designer (m/f)
About the Creative Experience Team:
At Wayfair, the Creative Experience Team is responsible for creating all customer-centered experiences. Consisting of graphic designers, photographers, interface designers and copywriters, the team also works hand-in-hand with many other cross-discipline departments among the global offices of Wayfair.
The UX/UI team focuses on designing the visual layout of new and existing experiences while collaborating with the entire team. We keep close relationships with the engineering and product teams to ensure our services are highly engaging while also looking clean and modern.
We work in a dynamic environment, surrounded by an eclectic group of people who are passionate about what they do. You’ll be encouraged to creatively develop and improve while being part of an expanding international company. Expect exciting tasks and a role in a talented team as well as the most modern technology, flat hierarchies and open channels of communication.
If you think this sounds like you, submit your résumé, a cover letter and a portfolio or other samples to show us how you work. Please also include your starting date and your desired salary.
• Strong visual designer experienced in interaction and user interface design with a focus on digital products (desktop, app, mobile)
• Proven ability to create, communicate and deliver beautiful & effective user experience across devices
• Knowledge of modern design and typographic principles and experience with the most common design tools like Sketch, Invision and the Adobe CC Suite
• Willing to learn and be proactive
• Hands-on mentality and a structured way of thinking
• A creative mind with the ability to address issues in different ways to find practical solutions
• Ability to facilitate, learn and benefit from design critique in a team
• Diplomatic, collaborative, self-motivated and inspirational
• Good communication skills (written, visual and verbal) to present and explain design decisions to non-designers
• Fluent in EnglishBonus points if you also have:
• eCommerce Experience
• Digital design degree, equivalent qualification or industry experience
• Experience of working in a cross-discipline team environmentResponsibilities:
• Create beautiful, pixel-perfect and user-centered designs utilizing the best and most modern practices across a diverse set of requirements and features
• Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts
• Collaborate directly with product managers and front-end engineers to ensure all projects are built, tested, iterated and completed within their specifications
• Define the user experience for new and existing features from the first idea to sketches, wireframes, prototypes and designs
• Develop design principles and patterns to improve the appearance and experience of our products
• Communicate with product owners and stakeholders to understand product vision and business perspectives
• Stay on top of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
• Innovate and raise the bar for Wayfair’s user interface design
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.