HomeAway is the largest vacation rental site in the world. We provide travelers with a great alternative to hotels and shared accommodations by focusing on renting out the “whole home”. We believe time together on vacation should be special and that staying in a home provides the greatest ability to connect with the ones you love. The culture at HomeAway combines heart with science and believes that diverse thinking creates the greatest opportunity for all. HomeAway was recently acquired by Expedia, Inc., one of the largest online travel agencies in the world.
Job Summary Description:
Activating our business at a local level is critical to our success. HomeAway is looking for a strong marketing leader who is trained and skilled at activating brands across key destinations. This role would manage a team of global marketers focused on understanding local markets, building strong go to market plans and developing an activation and event strategy to engage our consumers and partner base. This individual will also be responsible for building a partner network to help further merchandise and market our inventory of vacation homes throughout the US, Europe and South America. This role will work side by side with the regional and country General Managers inside of our retail organization to achieve the common revenue goals of the market. This is an executive role that has management responsibilities of a team of approximately 60 individuals spanning 3 continents.
This individual will be responsible for the following objectives:
- Develop and motivate a high level marketing team, set clear objectives, model and live the company’s values
- Build partnerships with large brands in defined categories to increase brand awareness through co-marketing initiatives.
- Identify appropriate segmentations and targeting opportunities to implement local destination messaging and partner plans
- Create a multi-channel, integrated marketing plan by country and destination for both our traveler and owner/partners
- Manage our marcom spend allocation and media mix based on country/brand revenue goals and market growth potential
- Activate our owner / partners in destination by developing event and guerrilla marketing initiatives
- Develop unique merchandising opportunities across destinations leveraging DMOs and other local content providers
- Scale our best practices across markets and build playbooks for large scale implementation
Skill / Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing or Field Marketing
- Experience working for e-tailers and consumer focused brands
- Marketing capabilities that stretch across digital, print, events, social and out of home advertising
- Ability to develop product activation plans across multiple markets
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on developing others
- Familiar and comfortable with global markets including US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Brazil
- Strong business acumen in the area of marketing efficiency
- Ability to build customer focused merchandising roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex scenarios in a simplified manner
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- Open Vacation Policy
- Free Vacation Rental on a Yearly Basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free Snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Company Stock (RSUs)
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand-Up Desk
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at HomeAway.