We are seeking an ambitious Legal Intern to assist in contract management, due diligence re: acquisitions, assist in IP portfolio management, and assist with other legal and HR matters as needed. If you are interested in a career in Corporate or Employment Law and looking for an internship that will offer tremendous exposure to this field, then read more below...
A typical day in the life of a Legal Intern at Genscape will include the following:
- Manage and organize various legal contracts and policies for different business units.
- Provide various services to the Legal Department, such as maintaining files, drafting and reviewing documents, legal research, performing due diligence, coordinating various meetings, communicating with outside counsel, etc.
- Assist in contract drafting and analysis of contract modifications.
- Provide support for ongoing company litigation matters and complex commercial transactions, including document review and drafting, research, compliance, chart and timeline preparation, reviewing complaints and correspondence with outside counsel.
- Provide other duties such as aiding the Legal Department in supporting global sales teams with contract requirements, applications and filings with the Patent and Trademark Office for various copyright registrations, immigration issues and managing translation database for foreign offices.
This job might be for you if:
- You have completed one year of study toward a Juris Doctor degree at an ABA accredited law school.
- You are an excellent law student, preferably in the top 20% of your class.
- You have completed, or are currently enrolled in, contract law, and preferably have completed, or are currently enrolled in business organization/corporation law and contract drafting classes.
- You have a strong interest in corporate law, including contracts, intellectual property, business and employment.
- You have excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- You have superior legal writing and research skills, proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel preferred.
- You can demonstrate the ability to self-start and work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- You can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A challenging, hands on project that will have an impact on the business
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Flexible hours
- Awesome office location with multiple perks!
- The opportunity to launch your career