Genscape is seeking a talented Intern to help research, develop and support a new Gulf Coast Oil Storage product. This role will work on primary research of refined product infrastructure along the Texas Gulf Coast. The intern will work directly with the analyst team to make decisions on the development of future monitoring. It will also provide support for the oil storage team on weekly operational tasks. The role will provide opportunities for growth in market analytics and publications.
A day in the life of an Oil Research Intern at Genscape will include:
- Investigating all information sources to build knowledge of refined products infrastructure in the Texas Gulf Coast region. Work with regulatory agencies to obtain all publicly available data.
- Documenting, organizing and streamlining all research for easy reference.
- Analyzing aerial flight data to further infrastructure knowledge.
- Researching new oil storage projects in the U.S. Gulf Coast to support product development.
- Working with development team to integrate new and previous research into internal applications.
- Assisting data integrity analysts in daily operations.
To land this position, you should:
- Have 2+ years of experience in school or in prior internships with investigative analysis and using analysis to produce solutions.
- Be detail oriented, organized approach to handling multiple data sources.
- Have good technical skills and unique problem solver.
- Have experience with Excel to conduct analysis as required.
- Have strong communication skills, a passion to learn and an ability to work well with varying personalities.
- Have experience with databases and SQL, a plus.
- Be pursuing a BA/BS in Quantitative Analysis, Engineering, Math, Business or related with a focus in Operations Research, GIS, Statistics, or Economics.
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to learn about what moves the energy markets and price fluctuations
- A challenging, hands on project that will have an impact on the business
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Flexible hours
- Awesome office location with multiple perks!
- The opportunity to launch your career
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Genscape.