We are seeking an ambitious Research Intern to improve our natural gas market intelligence products that combine proprietary and publicly available market data. If you are interested in a career in energy, interested in learning about Natural Gas Market Fundamentals and looking for an internship that will offer tremendous exposure to this field, then read more below...
A typical day in the life of a Natural Gas Research Intern at Genscape will include the following:
- Acquiring, cataloguing, maintaining, and interpreting natural gas market data.
- Carrying out analysis to understand market fundamentals.
- Your focus will primarily be on the natural gas markets but you will likely get some exposure to other markets such as power generation, crude oil, finance, and more.
- You will have the opportunity to learn what the data represents, its market importance, and how to best utilize this information to serve a customer base focused on a wide breadth of natural gas market activities around the world, from production and consumption, to trading and marketing and commodity shipping and tracking.
- If you’re an ambitious candidate, you should view this as an opportunity that will allow you to develop fundamental market knowledge and experience for a career in the energy industry and/or commodity trading.
This job might be for you if:
- You are currently pursuing or recently completed a 4 year Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics, finance, math, science, or related.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You can demonstrate a strong initiative
- You have an interest in the Energy Markets
- You can work your away around an Excel spreadsheet (and all other MS Office programs)
- You have had some exposure to the basic macro-economic fundamentals
- You like detail
- You are comfortable initiating and maintaining dialogue with industry professionals via phone, email, IM and in-person meetings
- You MUST have a strong curiosity for the subject matter at hand that will generate new ideas for additional research and product development
- Big Data doesn’t scare you
- You are an efficient researcher of content documents on the internet
- You pride yourself in using unique approaches to finding specific data
It would also be great if you have:
- Familiarity and proficiency with Excel and SQL databases
- Prior experience working in a professional environment
- Prior exposure to and/or interest in commodity markets
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to learn about what moves the energy markets and price fluctuations
- A challenging, hands on project that will have an impact on the business
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Flexible hours
- Awesome office location with multiple perks!
- The opportunity to launch your career
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Genscape.