We are seeking a talented, hungry, and revenue driven Sales Director to sell and help grow our Natural Gas product suite to physical upstream and downstream companies, hedge funds, asset managers and proprietary trading firms.
This role is part of a growing team and will support and work closely with various subject matter experts on the Natural Gas and NGL Product lines. This position will encompass both new business development and account management. With that, we are seeking an experienced sales professional who is familiar with the energy market data (or related) industry and has experience selling to Energy Traders, Analysts, Data Guru’s, etc.
If you are a hunter and passionate about sales, eager to succeed, and looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise, build your book of business, and help grow a product line, then keep reading…
A typical day in the life of a Sales Director at Genscape will include the following:
- Achieve revenue and margin targets by driving sales of existing and new services to current and new customers.
- Manage Genscape’s 4-stage sales process (prospecting, qualification, trial, negotiation)
- Efficiently and fully document interactions using Salesforce.com.
- Become fully knowledgeable about Genscape’s range of services.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Natural Gas and NGL markets in order to identify sales prospects and understand business drivers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams.
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide input to and support for Genscape marketing initiatives including events, product launches, e-mail marketing and partner marketing activities.
This role might be for you if:
- You have at least 5 to 10 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value services in energy market data or a closely related industry. Must have experience with selling to Energy Traders, Analysts, Risk Managers, or other closely related energy market data recipients.
- You have experience in selling Natural Gas, NGL’s, market data, analytics, or other similar product lines.
- You must be comfortable presenting to senior managers at prospect companies and executing big ticket sales.
- You are relationship oriented.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field - an MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
- You must have a consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity.
- You are proficient in software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Salesforce.com (or comparable CRM application).
- You are comfortable traveling up to 30% of the time - primarily within the US.
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Being part of a team of highly intelligent and highly innovative individuals
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance
- An awesome office location with multiple perks and the ability to work from home!
- Plenty of paid time off
- 401k and a full benefits package that begins on your first day