Carousell is looking for a passionate Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) engineer to join the SEO team to optimise our website traffic and deliver great value to our users. This role will help own our Search Engine Optimisation efforts across our markets globally. You will be challenged with interesting problems of optimising SEO on a country-level, and figuring out the best ways to index millions of user-generated pages that are highly liquid. As SEO is a field that’s never boring and ever-changing, the ideal candidate for this role will have a desire and willingness to experiment, is analytical and also a curious learner.
- Work closely with our Data Science, Product Growth teams and SEO Executive to improve web traffic and optimise performance of Carousell’s SEO
- Design and build an SEO experiment framework to test releases and figure out the optimal solution of changes being made
- Be responsible for sitemap indexing, optimising URL structure and website performance
- Implement structured data such that search engines can easily organise Carousell content
- Understand how web users navigate and improve UX of the web experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Django/Flask)
- Fundamental understanding of technical SEO issues, including site architecture optimization, site speed considerations, on-page and off-page optimization.
- Familiarity with common SEO tools, including 3rd party rank tracking tools, link analysis tools, and search engine webmaster tools like Google Search Console.
- Experience growing and sustaining organic website traffic from various inbound marketing channels
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Carousell.