TransferWise is the clever new way to move money between countries. Co-founded by Skype's first employee and backed by some of planet's the most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson, Andreessen Horowitz and PayPal’s Peter Thiel, TransferWise is disrupting the world of international money transfer. That means flipping a gazillion dollar industry on its head and taking power away from banks and the establishment.
We’re growing at an extraordinary rate and looking for the best to jump on board. We’re now over 600 people strong and pinging millions of pounds across the globe daily.
TransferWise is a 100% boredom-free zone. If you're looking for a stuffy financial company, the back button beckons. If you want to be part of something innovative and truly exciting, read on.
We are looking for a revolutionary Product Manager to join our biggest newest office in Budapest.
So, what’s the role?
- Your mission is to build world-beating, world-class products.
It’s a huge challenge, but an exciting one. You will help to define the future of TransferWise.
- Learning about the customer
This world class product has an ever-growing number of users. Your job is to keep that number growing by learning about what customers desire.
- Setting the vision and goals
In order to realize the customer desires you need to figure out the product vision, challenges along the way and the strategy how to get to the vision. Don’t expect anyone telling you what to do.
- Leading by example
The vision will not be your vision alone. It’s the team’s vision. You need to lead the team to be on the same page and to work towards the same goals. Don’t be shy to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
There are quite a few autonomous product teams within TransferWise and it’s crucial for the information to flow between those teams. Your job is to enjoy yourself and make friends with the rest for the communication to work.
But we're not looking for just a product manager. We need you to be more than that.
What are we looking for?
- Customer-focus - At TransferWise, customers always come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers. We are a company doing great things, but we couldn’t do it without our customers being ready to start a revolution.
- An entrepreneur - Either you have run your own company or delivered high impact projects.
- You need to have ideas. You’re going to change the world, so we want to see what exceptional ideas you’ve had before.
- Someone who loves to get things done - You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- A head for numbers - You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and numbers are the best way to do this. You can give examples of how you have moved some metrics before.
- Attention to detail - If you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
- Technical know-how - You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. Either way you need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
We offer you a position in one of the hottest startups in Europe and a chance to truly be a part of something great and challenging.
It goes without saying that you’ll be a part of a fun, friendly atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. You’ll get a competitive salary, flexible work hours and all-expenses-paid company holidays twice a year (Summerdays & Winterdays). We have delicious team lunches together everyFriday, and host great speakers from around the tech/startup scene to inspire us. Everyone gets shares in the company too, because we believe that the revolution belongs to each of us.