We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Strategic Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Strategic Design Team consists of world class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
Due to business growth, we now have opportunities (long-term contract and permanent) within our SD Cohort. These opportunities will encompass levels from 2 years + experience and upwards.
As a Strategic Designer, your responsibilities will be:
Strategy and research
· Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
· Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
· Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
· Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
Collaborative design and development
· Design and facilitate immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary client teams
· Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
· Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
· Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
· Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is consistent with strategic and consumer insights.
· Align with technologists and business stakeholders to understand business and operating models, as well as the systems and capabilities needed to deliver products and services
· Contribute to the sizing of value opportunities and the creation of value cases
· Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
· Contribute to the shaping and growth of a localized strategic design team through referrals and participating in external events where strategic candidates may be sourced by BCGDV recruiting.
· Contribute to the evolution of strategic design approaches throughout BCG Digital Ventures
· Contribute to business development, as well as the planning and scoping of innovation and incubation projects
· Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
· Create intellectual property and points of view, as well as industry and topic platforms
· Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
As a Senior Strategic Designer, you will need:
· Bachelor’s degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field
· Postgraduate qualification or significant experience in a relevant industry
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
· Significant experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development and industrial design
· A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.