App Annie is looking for a communications leader to expand App Annie’s visibility as the app industry’s go to resource and thought leader and drive programs that advance the company’s narrative and vision. You will be responsible for defining key corporate communication standards, solidifying our position as the mobile industry’s leading expert, as well as establishing global metrics and guidelines for our PR managers.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
You will manage a small team of communications professionals in the heart of San Francisco, be a trusted partner for senior leaders in operations, finance, product development and other marketing team leads, a source of communications counsel for members of App Annie’s C-suite and an advisor to the regional PR Managers based in London, Beijing, Tokyo and Singapore. You will report directly into the VP of Corporate Marketing and will work very closely with our executive team members.
How will you be doing this?
- Communications: Develop comprehensive “story” and public messaging (and messages) for the company; craft compelling messaging for events, key interviews, speaking opportunities, etc.
- PR: Drive a global PR strategy that captures the attention of our external audiences (press, analysts, influencers, etc) and raises profile and awareness of App Annie around the world
- Empower internal team members to execute creative and effective PR programs (i.e. industry awards, speaking opportunities, bylined articles, social media campaigns)
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Support continued evolution of the company’s crisis response capability, including overseeing the evolution of processes and procedures and serve as leader/key member of the company’s crisis communication team.
- Build mobile app marketing category
- Manage PR firm in US, and advise the management of international PR firms
- Analyst Relations: develop and direct Analyst Relations program and cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key analysts
- Thought Leadership/Executive Communications - develop and manage App Annie’s corporate spokesperson program across press interviews, bylines and speaking events. Guide internal development of executives as media spokespeople
- Global Communications - work collaboratively and serve as key connector for HQ and regional PR Managers to ensure seamless execution of corporate and brand programs in multiple markets and global message consistency across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Strategy Setting - clearly define objectives, deliverables, and deadlines to maximize results. Quickly adapt to changing priorities and be resourceful in challenging situations.
- Measurement – Define and track success; monitor, analyze and communicate PR/AR results on a quarterly basis. Leverage findings to inform strategy for the next quarter.
- Management: coach and grow a team of communications professionals in the U.S and across regions.
- Internal communications: advise on guidelines in partnership with our HR team
- Extreme energy necessary!
What will you bring to the team?
- 10+ years experience in technology communications, with strong preference for companies in the B2B SaaS or mobile apps space
- Experience defining corporate communications standards and coaching a global team to ensure they are enforced and aligned with corporate priorities
- Experience in strong cross-functional leadership and teamwork
- Proven track record of management; you have successfully built and nurtured a team in a fast paced environment
- You’re a natural writer, effortlessly finishing contributed articles and starting executive speeches. Your writing is anything but generic and you don’t rely on buzzwords to keep people interested.
- You have strong critical thinking skills that allow you to go toe-to-toe with any exec debating the merits of different positioning areas and strategic value propositions. You hold your own and you add unique value in any discussion.
- Excellent project management skills that allow you to keep cool under pressure, with tight deadlines and in crisis situations. You’re a go-getter that’s as calm as they are motivated.
- You thrive in an environment that is constantly evolving and remain focused and motivated in a company with bright and passionate talent that challenge each other to deliver the best results.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop.
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A yearly fitness stipend that will keep you up and moving.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 700,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at www.appannie.com.
App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Yes, I want this job!