We are Sumo Logic, and we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution --- delivered as a cloud-based service. We have 500+ enterprise customers with $160.5M in funding from the world's leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, and DFJ Growth), and we are reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform with an All-Star team.
- Responsible for developing or testing computer software applications, systems or services.
- Evaluate requirements, estimate development costs, design and implement the software, review the design and implementation, improve the development process, perform unit testing, communicate status, analyze risks and compromises, integrate software into a larger system, or diagnose and resolve issues.
- Deploy successful product releases, from early product definition and scoping to detailed specification, implementation and roll-out phases.
- Work on specific software features or sections of code under supervision.
- Optimize code from different layers.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code and demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team to respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two (2) years of experience as a Software Engineer or in a related role.
- Experience with:
- Formulating and analyzing software requirements in high level programming language Scala or similar C-style programming language;
- Authentication protocols OAuth or SAML;
- Spring and Jersey;
- Developing RESTful APIs; and
- Algorithms and performance characteristics of large distributed software systems.