About the Role
WeWork is looking for a Mid/Senior Level Estimator who can conduct construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. This person will interact with the General contractors, Sub contractors, architects, business development and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other information. He/ She will develop hard bids or negotiated work pricing proposals in response to specific proposal requests. The goal is to obtain all needed cost information from reliable subcontractors and material suppliers to meet project requirements. Lastly, maintenance of contact with GC & subcontractors to ensure ample supply of subcontractors and materials for upcoming projects. In those role you will be working directly with project teams including project managers, construction managers, designers, and building information modeling experts.
- Solicit General contractors and/or subcontractor bids for assigned projects
- Obtain 3-5 bids for each trade and supplier group. Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality, insurance, wages, and related items
- Discusses and resolves any questions with subcontractor prior to submission of final estimate
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met
- Maintains current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes in order to ensure complete bids from subcontractors and material suppliers
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates. Maintains skills at utilizing appropriate software to provide optimal job performance
- As requested, attends team meetings to discuss estimates, answering any questions and resolving any issues regarding pricing and estimates
- Maintains relationships with some clients during the actual project to ensure client satisfaction with the project and the company
- Provides other services as directed including change order pricing, site visits, bid review and occasional collaboration with teams for other Constructors locations on specific bids
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or General contractors; and determining cost effectiveness
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Consults with team, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects
- For negotiated work, ensure a complete review of plans and drawings, identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project
- Share information about reliable subcontractors and suppliers with other Estimators. Develop and maintain effective working relationships so the needs of WeWork and its clients can be met
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or Management or equivalent work experience is required plus 3-5 years of general construction estimating experience in interiors or base building projects
- Well-developed estimating, communications, financial analysis, budgeting, purchasing, negotiation and computer skills are required
- 5+ years of experience with commercial interior fit-outs, on very tight time frames with high-end finishes
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills of using ProCore, Planswift, and Microsoft office
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.