Design and build out a new generation of web and mobile agricultural management tools, develop advanced analytical tools to leverage geo-spatial and other data from a wide variety of sources, and create simple user interfaces for customer-driven data analysis and visualization.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
- Work closely with other developers, product management, and data scientists to design and develop high-performance, scalable web and mobile applications for analysis and visualization of data as well as large scale crop planning and management
- Develop tools to support internal data analysis and R&D
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- No farming/ agriculture knowledge required!
- 5+ years of experience developing high-performance, user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced, small team environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience with a mainstream technology. We use the technologies listed below, but they are not a requirement.
- Excellent code quality and attention to detail. Must be passionate about avoiding technical debt
- Driven and strong sense for high-quality user experience a plus
- Background in analysis and visualization of geospatial data a plus
- Passion to do something impactful with your hard-earned software development skills
Python, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, CSS3, HTML5, AJAX, Django, Pyramid
Check out Granular's recent Medium article.
Read our Engineering Blog.
+ This role is located in Champaign, IL