Do you want to play a vital role in growing local, regional, and national startup communities? Have you always wanted to work with amazing, passionate, dedicated people from different cultures and backgrounds? Do you want to help us make a dent in the universe?
As a Regional Manager, you will be joining the Startup Programs team at Techstars in a role responsible for the cultivation and sustained growth of vibrant startup ecosystems. You’ll specifically be focused on working closely with and supporting local volunteers and community members in the implementation of Techstars Startup programs such as Startup Weekend, Startup Next, Startup Week, Bootcamps, Community Summits and more. Internally, you will work closely with the Techstars team to translate regional community priorities into programmatic action.
What you will be doing:
- Build and nurture the startup ecosystem by identifying and cultivating key influencers within the community (i.e. successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, community builders) as potential Champions/Community Leaders
- Host local workshops throughout the region with current and aspiring community leaders. Your goal is to train and enable locals to be the catalysts in their community. Your success is predicated off the growth of the community and the leaders who build it.
- Engage in the regional entrepreneurial community by attending events, meetups, and other relevant community building events
- Manage relationships with key entrepreneurs, mentors, and startups within the community
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Community Leaders (i.e. Startup Weekend Organizers, Startup Next Directors, Startup Week Captains, and other stakeholders in the local region)
- Help Community Leaders run successful entrepreneurial programs through one-on-one training, support, and strategic execution
- Advise and assist in the planning of regional events - including regional launches, regional bi-annual summits, and inter-regional (Macro-region) summits
- Develop and aggregate quarterly updates
- Create and innovate on best practices to provide value to sponsors and attendees
- Identify and work with sponsors who want to partner with Techstars at a local and regional level
- Assist the business development by becoming a lead generator and managing relationships with local key partners
- Identify local community needs and address those needs by helping to implement entrepreneurial programs
- Manage relationships with volunteers and assist them to solve real problems in their local community
- Business fluency in English required
- Lives and able to work in Sao Paulo
- 3-5 years of community building, operations management, and/or customer service experience
- You’re a natural connector and enabler. You exist to serve and help other people. Your success is completely predicated on the success of those you impact.
- Previous experience with Techstars Startup Programs (Startup Weekend, Startup Next, Startup Week)
- Track record of problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills, and ability to act in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be multi-tasking and balancing several projects at once.
- Experience working in a startup environment and active in your local startup community.
- Excellent communicative and collaborative dexterity. Listening, speaking, writing, conveying ideas or opposition within team projects.
- Interest in understanding of how accelerators work, as well as a general interest in understanding of how funding works - what is a round of funding, basic term sheet understanding, seed, angel, venture, private & public
- Fit the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience
Perks and Compensation:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Professional Development Stipend
- "GiveBack" Days
- Deep exposure to Techstars’ network of 5000+ top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market wherever they choose to live. With dozens of mentorship-driven accelerator programs and thousands of community programs worldwide, Techstars exists to support the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to IPO.
Techstars provides access to tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, allowing entrepreneurs to accelerate the pace of innovation and do more faster. Techstars supports every stage of the entrepreneurial journey – from early stage grassroots community development to more formal opportunities that provide education, experience, acceleration, funding, and beyond.
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.