Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Finance & Accounting team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We are looking for a talented Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team in Mountain View, CA. Our ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver who will take ownership of critical accounting tasks. This team member will be a key player in ensuring the accounting and reporting function will scale and support the company’s rapid growth. Come join our team, and help us empower the world through learning!
- Process domestic and international accounts payable and expense reports using paperless system with proper approvals
- Process wire transfers, coordinate ACH payments and other banking support
- Reconcile and document account activity to the general ledger
- Analyze and record month-end accruals and other journal entries
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers and properly calculate depreciation and amortization
- Ensure any established policies/procedures are being followed
- Research unresolved issues with customers and vendors, propose solutions
- Other projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Accounting degree, college coursework in accounting, or equivalent
- 1 – 3 yrs prior experience with accounts payable and general accounting
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to follow guidelines, attention to detail, willingness to ask questions or ask for help when needed and a strong customer service attitude
- Experience with NetSuite & Concur is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.