At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. We work hard with talented chefs to make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
When the phone gets a little too heavy to hold, customers like to turn to their old friend, email - and that is where you come in! As a Customer Experience Associate with a focus on email communication, you will be the Dickens and Tolstoy of the Freshly Customer Experience Team (if you know who those guys are, it's a good start!). You have the innate ability to type so fast - that is, without making a million spelling and grammar mistakes - that the mouths of your friends drop in amazement and admiration. Not only that, but, when you do write, it doesn't read like a bookcase assembly guide, but like you're sitting in the room, talking to the customer face-to-face. Above all, you love the written word - and probably write in your spare time - and, in fact, you love the English language so much that someone would think you invented it all by yourself.
How to tell if this role is for you:
You can define what a semi-colon is and you can use it correctly in a sentence.
In this role, you will:
• Serve as one of our primary email responders, answering some 50+ emails/day.
• Occasionally help customers over webchat using our live chat application, as needed.
• Occasionally serve as a back-up phone representative for incoming calls, as needed.
• Work proactively with other Freshly team members to find resolutions to customer problems.
• Use good judgement in providing accommodations to customers for order-related issues.
• Assist with order management projects to ensure a seamless subscription process for our customers.
• Build up the Freshly brand with your insatiably and addictively friendly personality!!
For email specifically, you need:
• Awesome writing abilities generally... since you'll be typing your heart out, after all!
• Previous experience communicating with customers via email (more than basic "HI"s and "BYE"s).
• A love of writing outside of the workplace (poems?... short stories?... screenplays?... something, please.)
• A highly visual sense of how to organize information (i.e.: you know the concepts of spacing and paragraphs).
• A photographic memory that can memorize email templates and apply them/edit them at lightning speed.
• The ability to convey personality through the written word, without sacrificing professionalism.
• As an added plus - experience using CRM email tools, such as Zendesk, Desk, Freshdesk, etc.
Generally speaking, you need:
• At least 1+ years experience in a customer service role.
• Schedule flexibility to work weekends and later hours (up to 10pm).
• A love of food – as the voice of Freshly, you’ll have to get up close and personal with our delicious meals!
• A high level of empathy and understanding.
• A passionate drive for problem-solving.
• A willingness to take initiative and ownership.
• An ability to work autonomously and productively.
• A keen understanding of policies and procedures, along with the ability to apply these quickly, correctly, and thoroughly.
• A positive attitude that makes customers want to communicate with you and your fellow employees want to work next to you.
• A FUN attitude, because we're all about friendliness!!
NOTE: Please only apply to one of our Customer Experience Associate positions, focused on either phone communication, email communication, or webchat communication. If you apply for more than one position, your applications may be rejected en masse.