At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. We work hard with talented chefs to make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this digital age of ours, customers want things now - or, better yet, yesterday - and they want it at maximum convenience.... enter webchat! As a Customer Experience Associate with a webchat focus, you are going to be the digital savior of our customers. Your fingers will be like two lightning bolts, tapping on the keyboard at breakneck speed, to the point that smoke starts to rise from the keys (we have fire extinguishers handy and good health insurance... so don't worry!). You are perhaps a little nerdy and overly techie, because you love computers and you can text faster than anyone you know - even that phone-obsessed friend of yours. Above all, you enjoy the mental equivalent of jugging eight balls in the air at once and you can react so fast to questions that you can start answering them before the customer even finishes talking.
How to tell if this role is for you:
You can chat with six people at once and fry an egg at the same time (without breaking the yolk).
In this role, you will:
• Serve as our one of our primary chatters at Freshly, answering some 70+ chats/day.
• Answers emails from customers so fast that the customer will think they're on webchat.
• Occasionally serve as a back-up phone representative when phone coverage is needed.
• Work proactively with other Freshly team members to find resolutions to customer problems.
• Use good judgement in providing accommodations to customers for order-related issues.
• Assist with order management projects to ensure a seamless subscription process for our customers.
• Build up the Freshly brand with your insatiably and addictively friendly personality!!
For chat specifically, you need:
• Awesome writing abilities generally... since you'll be typing your heart out, after all!
• Previous experience working with a web chat system (and, no, not just as the customer).
• A typing speed of ~60 wpm or more, because you NEED to be fast (you'll be taking a test).
• The ability to convey personality through the written word, without sacrificing professionalism.
• A built-in ability to multitask and juggle multiple conversations at once.
• Exceptional spelling and grammar, as well as a knowledge of what syntax is.
• As an added plus - experience using CRM chat tools, such as Olark, Boldchat, SnapEngage, etc.
Generally speaking, you need:
• At least 1+ years experience in a customer service role.
• Schedule flexibility to work weekends and later hours (up to 10pm).
• A love of food – as the voice of Freshly, you’ll have to get up close and personal with our delicious meals!
• A high level of empathy and understanding.
• A passionate drive for problem-solving.
• A willingness to take initiative and ownership.
• An ability to work autonomously and productively.
• A keen understanding of policies and procedures, along with the ability to apply these quickly, correctly, and thoroughly.
• A positive attitude that makes customers want to communicate with you and your fellow employees want to work next to you.
• A FUN attitude, because we're all about friendliness!!
NOTE: Please only apply to one of our Customer Experience Associate positions, focused on either phone communication, email communication, or webchat communication. If you apply for more than one position, your applications may be rejected en masse.