Do you want to join the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company? Do you want to be part of the team that impacts tens of millions of online and mobile consumers? Do you want to build products from scratch and be able to shape the product vision and roadmaps? Coupang is the place! Coupang is the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company and South Korea’s answer to Amazon. Coupang is currently valued at $5 billion. In only its fourth year, Coupang boasts over 20 million subscribers and annual revenue run rate over $2 billion. It is the #1 player in mobile e-commerce in Korea, which is a massive $50 billion market opportunity.
Coupang’s goal is to provide a consistent shopping experience that blends both “discovery” and “intent” based shopping with superior product selection and customer service. We enable this via our innovative mobile application, optimized delivery network, as well as leveraging a highly scalable platform and best in class data analytics.
About the role:
Do you want to join a team with experience launching complex and challenging projects? We’re looking for an Android expert who is a thoughtful, responsible and passionate builder. This person needs to be well versed in Android development and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty in coding. You will help the ranking team by implementing some customer-facing components in the app. You will also work on localizing the app and enhancing interactions with different segments.
What we’re looking for:
As a Software engineer on the team:
- You will own end to end implementation of large customer facing products, starting from design through implementation.
- You will participate in designing and implementing key functional areas of the customer experience, including website applications and platform services.
- You will own designing and building functional components, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring
- You will work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
- You will own operating our products, driving excellence in feature stability, performance and flexibility.
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· 2+ years professional experience in developing mobile applications for Android or relevant experience
· Expertise in Android SDK, Java, and related technologies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Strong OO design skills; experience developing an app or complex features therein from scratch required
· Published app in Google Play
· Experience with multi-threading / asynchronous logic
· Experience developing an API (OAuth, XML, JSON, REST, etc.)
· Understanding of the HTTP protocol
· Quick learner, with passion for new technologies
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Coupang.