Junior Data Analyst
Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find actionable information on the world’s businesses.
The Crunchbase Content team is in search of a Junior Data Analyst to create data quality projects that increase the accuracy of the Crunchbase dataset. The ideal candidate will be passionate about using data to identify and solve problems, and have some professional experience in either an internship or full time capacity. This is an incredible opportunity to join one of our longest-serving teams on the front-line of company intelligence, and make a significant impact on the quality of our data.
Content at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase dataset is constantly expanding through contributions from the public, our venture program, partners, and from our internal team. The Content team maintains the accuracy and accelerates the growth of the dataset.
As a Crunchbase Data Analyst you will:
• Identify weaknesses in our dataset and create projects to fix them
• Write PostgreSQL stored procedures, functions, and triggers
• Communicate with data teams to work on cleanup projects
• Monitor accuracy of completed tasks
• Hands-on experience working with SQL (preferably PostgreSQL or RedshiftSQL)
• Experience with data-type manipulation, including using SQL for selecting, inserting, deleting, and updating data in databases
• Comfort with basic command line operations
• Familiarity working within a data warehouse, and basic understanding of databases
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated, action-oriented personalityBachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or similar field
• Local to the San Francisco Bay Area
What Crunchbase offers:
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.