Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, and predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos and videos every month. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Clarifai raised a $30 million Series B in 2016 led by Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, and Lux Capital. Existing investors include Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NVIDIA Ventures, Corazon Capital, LDV Capital, Osage University Partners, and New York University.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You work with our business operations and engineering teams to develop internal knowledge about our AI products and their users. We look for people that are able to approach data with an open mind, identify problems, and figure out ways to solve them in order to help Clarifai achieve its business goals.
We want you to be comfortable digging into massive amounts of data, identifying answerable questions from broad themes, using different analysis techniques, and presenting your results to teams at Clarifai.
On the technical side, we use Postgres, Python, and Pandas, but we would be happy to teach you how to use any tools that sound unfamiliar to you! We would love for you to bring your knowledge of multimodal time series data to the table too.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Learn how to retrieve user data with SQL and transform it to extract its appropriate features. We will help you learn SQL if you don't know it already.
- Immerse yourself in the open questions and current challenges we have. We will work together to select a project that matches your interests with our goals.
During the middle of your internship, you start putting yourself out there. You will:
- Further define the problem and set up your experiments. You'll dive in to help us learn how users are using our products and how we can help them realize more value. We value someone who can take the lead on brand new projects.
- Begin analyzing the data using different methods and collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to explore our data to its fullest and find meaningful insights.
In your last month, you'll:
- Evaluate the results of your experience from a practical business perspective. Meet with business and product leaders to discuss what you found and suggest follow-up experiments. We value your ability to look at the big picture!
- Present your findings to the company. We'd like to understand what you've done during your 3 months at Clarifai and have you show us the importance of your contributions.
You build the insights that inform our product direction and go-to-market strategy that drives our user acquisition, retention, and revenue growth.