Credit Karma is looking for a talented resource to join our IT team in San Francisco. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring successful planning, strategy, execution, and measurement of Credit Karma’s events as the company and office space continues to scale significantly. The A/V Support Engineer will work closely with event planners and the IT team to ensure successful delivery of both live and on demand webinars, podcasts and other digital events. Our ideal candidate feels comfortable performing installations with little or no supervision and is able to adapt quickly in a variety of scenarios.
What the Job Entails
- Audio Visual (AV): shared stakeholder for AV systems, policies, procedures & implementation.
- Perform site surveys to determine customer A/V and VTC design and installation requirements.
- Collaborating directly with Credit Karma internal teams and external technicians to ensure assignments are completed in accordance with SSC standards.
- Managing and maintaining in-house and vendor systems for live and on-demand content sharing and broadcasting.
- Designing and documenting event technical/operational workflow.
- Education and training, creating Credit Karma user documentation for all vendor applications.
- Application troubleshooting, resolution and reporting.
- Working on custom solutions for events that involve strong technical development, support and management.
- Conducting analysis on reports that provide additional insight to identify trends and recommend corrective action.
- Recommending and implementing operational changes to increase efficiency and quality and/or decrease costs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has experience with wiring diagrams, floor plans, technical specification guides and general electrical principles.
- At least 2+ years experience in relevant spaces.
- Self-starter, able to jump in and operate with minimal guidance.
- Great communication skills; You will be working with all departments.
- Able to perform field installation of control Systems (AMX/Crestron).
- Ability to test integrated systems and train client on use.
- Ability to create and maintain construction schedules.
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems including VC issues.
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment.
- Ability to travel less than 25% of time to out of state sites.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.