Purpose of the Role:
The A/V Systems Administrator for NEXTEV USA, Inc. in SJ is responsible for facilitating all aspects of A/V in our SJ office and to some extent, beyond, including global all hands meetings, teleconferencing for a global first and mobile first company. S/he will improve, define, and assist implementation of any A/V services and assets and bridge communication amongst external and internal stakeholders and service providers to ensure effective execution. Areas of ownership will include telepresence infrastructure, video/web streaming, and video signage systems. S/he must be hands-on and be able to train end users and other IT team members concisely. Often working in concert with international counterparts, this opportunity requires a team player who understands their responsibility/impact on projects with global implications. Play a large part in coordinating A/V contractors/consultants and maintenance contracts, driving standardization and keep current on A/V technologies and trends.
· Maintain and manage of A/V equipment and ensuring high availability of these services for NEXTEV employees
· Managing continual upgrade process and uptimes for all relevant infrastructure.
· Demonstrable experience with a majority of the following: Extron, Crestron, Cisco TP/VoIP/UCM/WebEX, Tandberg, Polycom, PGI/Globalmeet, Zoom, BlueJeans, Oblong Mezzanine, RealTalk, Skype, etc.,
· Knowledge: TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, SIP, VoIP, H.323, QoS
· Report out and communicate status/issues, SLAs, performance, incident responses with various stakeholders in a timely manner.
· Researches industry trends, products, equipment, etc., for the purpose of recommending upgrades
· Able to identify A/V performance issues and subsequently resolve
· Optimizes and improves A/V environment, ensuring system performance meets business requirements
· Possible Travel to EU and APAC
· Ensuring live event and key meetings have seamless A/V experiences.
· Demonstrable understanding of A/V connectors, speakers, microphones, mixers, etc.,
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 5-10 years’ experience in audio visual integration
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Experience with global collaboration, specifically with APAC and/or EU entities
· Fundamental IT Skills (Mac/Windows Versatility)
· Good time management skills
· Proven documentation skills, including creation and interpretation of floor plans, layouts, etc.,
· Demonstrated A/V Design Principle standards (diagramming, layouts, etc.,)
· Highly detail-oriented
· Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and independently
· Ability to work in a fluid/fast-paced environment with constant change
· CTS credentials preferred
ü Ability to demonstrate a methodical and effective approach to projects and deadlines
ü Terminating and testing of A/V cables (soldering if needed)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
ü While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment
ü Flexibility for scheduling when global timelines need to be met is crucial
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at NextEV.